This was posted on the Broadway Market’s website. The Broadway Market and the Westminster Economic Development Initiative, Inc. are looking to hire a new manager for the Kitchen @ the Market.
Kitchen @ the Market Manager Job Description
Position Title: Kitchen @ the Market Manager FLSA Status: Part-Time (20 hours/week), Non-Exempt Department Name: Community Development Supervisor’s Title: Community Development Program Coordinator Pay: $15-18 / hour, commensurate with experience Benefits: Once eligible, 3% match for Individual Retirement Account Location: The Broadway Market, 999 Broadway, Buffalo, NY 14212 Websites: www.wedibuffalo.org, www.thebroadwaymarket.org
Program Overview: In a unique collaboration with The Friends of the Broadway Market District and the City of Buffalo, WEDI manages the Kitchen @ the Market, a new, 850-square-foot commercial kitchen space available for lease for food production inside the historic Broadway Market, 999 Broadway, Buffalo, NY 14212.
Primary Purpose and Function The Kitchen @ the Market Manager is primarily responsible for managing the operations of the Kitchen @ the Market, including vendor recruitment, scheduling, onboarding, assistance, general inventory, maintenance and running community events on Saturdays.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Recruiting and enrolling new businesses to use the Kitchen @ the Market
- Updating and maintaining all paperwork and invoices
- Implementing marketing and recruitment plan
- Collecting and reporting all data needed on usage
- Planning and hosting Saturday events with Friends of the Broadway Market
- Ordering supplies, picking up orders, and organizing inventory
- Onboarding tenants and managing tenant relationships
- Ensuring tenants are compliant with rules & regulations of kitchen use
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to promote the Kitchen @ the Market through outreach efforts to community, social, and religious organizations
- Good customer service skills
- Knowledge of kitchen standards/operations
- Ability to follow directions, take initiative, and use time wisely
- Ability to work with individuals from a variety of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Work experience in a restaurant, hotel, or hospitality setting
- Knowledge of, and connection to, the communities surrounding the Broadway Market
- Ability to organize things and maintain a clean and orderly environment
Please send resume or work history to email@example.com by end of the day Friday November 15, 2019.
WEDI values diversity and inclusion throughout its city and in its organization. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, and formerly incarcerated individuals are encouraged to apply.
436 Grant Street | Buffalo, NY 14213 | (716) 393-4088 | firstname.lastname@example.org